Sunday 31 March 2013

High Dynamic Range processing - First tests.

(26-03-2013)

I had the chance last week to shoot a few bracketed exposures ready for processing in the software application PHOTOMATIX as well as Photoshop's inbuilt HDR-Pro feature, as part of our High Dynamic Range (HDR) assignment.

It has been an interesting process for me, because HDR is something that i was familiar with, yet i had not attempted to experimented with it until now - and i reckon i like it!

I tested both my Canon 60D and Fujifilm Xpro1 to see how they both recorded the scenes dynamic range as a single capture, as well as to see how well PHOTOMATIX handled the files and how much i could get out of the combined images.

The Xpro1 produced the better result of the two cameras, no doubt about that.


Fujifilm Xpro1

The result of my Xpro1 testing.
Quite awesome i reckon!

Canon 60D

The result produced by PHOTOSHOP.

The result produced by PHOTOMATIX.




-

No comments:

Post a Comment