Sunday 31 March 2013

Stitched Image - Final image.

I enjoyed this assessment task.


Researching the fundamentals of panoramic photography during and after class certainly allowed me to approach such a task with confidence in both myself and the equipment i was using. Planning the shot a few days before also helped. Being presented with such nice afternoon light was just a bonus.

The following images show and explain the steps i went through:



The 10 exposures taken on my Canon 60D and 24mm tilt-sfit lens
attached to a panoramic tripod head were selected and opened with
Photoshop's built-in photo-merge feature.



I selected the CYLINDRICAL and VIGNETTE REMOVAL options
available in the window prior to the rendering process of photo-
merge
kicks in.



Here is the result of the merged 10 photographs open in Photoshop.
From here i put all of the original layers into a folder that i named
ORIGINALS - i then created a merged, flattened version of all the
layers to another separate layer in order to start making
enhancements.



Then it was simply a matter of boosting the overall impact of the
image by adding a number of adjustment layers. I am quite happy
with the final result - especially considering it was my first rea
attempt at doing image this big. I also had to WARP the shape of
the light-house a bit to getting it looking correct.







-

No comments:

Post a Comment